Tuesday 14 June 2011

Shyama on Life in Films

Sunehri Yaadein's post on the lovely Shayama, most famous for her roles in Aar Paar and Barsaat Ki Raat (the first film I saw her in, and I so wanted her to get the man but alas she was upstaged by Madhubala) made me dig out this filmfare magazine (I'm slowly building up a huge collection, they seem to come in handy for references) interview she gave late last year reminiscing about her filmi years, while also dishing some juicy gossip about her co stars, Enjoy!!! And here's a lovely song picturised on her and Guru Dutt from the movie Aar Paar



Click on Images to enlarge





Scans Courtesy of Filmfare magazine

6 comments:

harveypam said...

Thank you BD for these lovely scans!
wonderful!!!!!!

BTW, is she insinuating that Dilip and Waheeda had something cooking during Dil Diya Dard Liya?
DDDL released in 1966

And, please the page 137!

bollywooddeewana said...

@ HARVEY Glad you like 'em, i hope to post on the golden year stars regularly. Unfortunately it was a 3 page article from filmfare, page 137 was an advert and it does indeed seem that she's insinuating Waheeda and Dilip had something going on

Sonia said...

I loved this post! My dad was/is a huge fan of Shyama. How gorgeous does she look in the first pic!
Thanks for the interview scans..

sunheriyaadein said...

Thank you so much for putting up this interview! It's always a pleasure to read them. I never knew that Guru Dutt was a dancer himself. I adore Shyama's expressions and Guru Dutt would enact them for her? Oh how I would love to see him doing that!

"THE BARD WHO DOESNT HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD" said...

wow!!..never knew of her existence til read tis :D..wud've been gr8 had u shared some song/clip whr she was around :)

bollywooddeewana said...

@ Sonia You're welcome

@ Sunehri Yaadein You're welcome, indeed taht would have been a joy to behold

@ The bard I included Sunehri's post at the top it has lots of her songs but I'll re amend the post to include one of her famous songs of all time. For the time being discover more of her songs in the link below
http://sunheriyaadein.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/ten-of-my-favourite-shyama-songs/